Thursday, July 19, 2012

just a little bit....

The boys are continuing their Tae Kwon Do studies.  Claysen is in the Little Ninjas class so he progresses differently than Callen.  This is his second belt promotion.
 Callen is now a full Yellow belt.  Also his second promotion.  He is not too thrilled that I am making him pose for this picture.  


On July 3rd we went with Rusty to ship cattle in Halfway, OR.  We made a mini vacation out of it, stopping at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center.  There is a lot of information there.  So much so that you really need to go without young kids.  They don't have the attention span for it.  They did love the stuffed ox and horses and cattle. 
We stayed the night in Baker and then rode the Historical Sumpter train.  It is an steam powered train that has been restored and a volunteer crew runs it on weekends and holidays.  It was neat for the boys to ride and see the old dredge mining along the way.



I got to enjoy a visit with two college girlfriends recently.  I appreciate that my kids are past the diaper, nursing and napping stage.  I enjoyed holding the cute baby boys and snuggling them too.  We will have many years of getting the kids together, the fact that we all have boys will make it easy!  Soon we'll have the freedom to leave them home, cuz boys don't want to go shopping with their mom and her friends!!


Callen is really getting good at shooting.  He enjoys the BB gun Santa gave him.  This is not his kill, but a lesson that needed to be taught.  See what guns can do, even a BB Gun.

 We also lost our dear Grammy Weiser this last week.  She was an amazing women that loved everyone she met and welcomed everyone into her home.  She was the strongest woman I knew physically and mentally.  I hope I can be like her.  She went peacefully, our prayers were answered and we will carry on her legacy of family.



0 comments: